Monday, February 20, 2006

Three day weekends rock!

I haven't had much time to knit the past three weeks, but I started a project yesterday that I've been trying to get to.


It's the beginning of Eunny's Deep V Argyle Vest. I'm having so much fun knitting this - it's my first Fair Isle. The yarn is Rowanspun DK in mouse and sugar almond - got it from cucumberpatch.co.uk. I originally got some beautiful Louet Opal yarn in dark brown and pink, but the yarn is superwash and my swatch came out wonky. So I thought I'd try it with this yarn first.

I also managed to buy fabric for the sewalong.

Hopefully I'll have time in the next couple of weekends to cut and sew.

9 comments:

MinaG said...

cute fabric! love it!

Angela said...

Love the fabric! I want! =) Your swatch is lookin great too!

yumi said...

I missed seeing your blog.

brooklyn tweed said...

great fabric! can't wait to see how the sewing adventure unfolds

Stephanie said...

I really want to knit that vest too, I've just put it down the list a bit. The fabric is great. I cut mine yesterday (after hours of preshrinking wool - yuck), but didn't feel brave enough to start sewing. Yesterday's karma wasn't that good, so I'll wait until next weekend.

winnie said...

hey mari.. how's the experience with the rowanspun? i find that some parts are abit thick-n-thin.. and you can't tug at it too much.. but i really like the resulting tweediness of the fabric. i hoping that when it comes time to block the piece the wool will bloom somewhat and cover up the thinner areas of the knit sts.

jacqueline said...

i love the rowanspun colours you have chosen...they are absolutely gorgeous. i can't wait to see this wonderful little project finished.

PutYourFlareOn said...

The fabic is great! I should join a sew-a-long but I'll need a sewing machine first! :)

I love Eunny's deep V pattern and for a first Fair Isle it's not too hard? I'll have to keep that in mind.

Carin said...

That fabric would make a really nice skirt, good choice.