Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Christmas continued?!?

Rob and I received lots of gift cards during Christmas. We still haven't spent them all; here's some stuff I bought from Amazon.


Denyse Schmidt Quilts and The New Crewel. Yes, even more new crafts for me to tackle. I was more interested in the crewel book for embroidery inspirations (and the fact that it was only $10 didn't hurt) than actually starting up crewel.

I also had a gift certificate from a LYS from two of my good friends, Sarita and Huay from my birthday. I went by to buy some needles and...

Some Lana Grossa Mega Boot Stretch sock yarn (say that five times fast!). I've never used but it looked interesting. Of course, one can never have too much sock yarn...

Socks that Rock in Hard Rock. I don't think I'll make Jaywalkers with this yarn, but I've definitely wanted to make some socks with it for a while.

I've started a new sweater (how many sweaters can I make?).

I've seen Urban Aran on a couple of blogs, and I was interested in the fact that the cabling is very subtle.

I'm making it in Jaeger Chamonix in Toulouse. The yarn is soft and easy to work with but it attracts Maggie's hair like a magnet. I can't let her get near me when I work on it so progress will probably be very slow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Haul! I love that Denyse Schmidt book!

j a r e d said...

Great Pattern! I've never seen that before, but am definitely interested in making a male-cardigan version! Thanks!
(also, looking forward to hearing how you like the mega boots yarn)

amber said...

That sweater is on my to do list as well. It's a great pattern.

Good luck with the crewel and quilting :) Nothing wrong with having 10 crafty hobbies

Anonymous said...

How do you like the Crewel book? I ordered one of her kits, I haven't made it up yet. I was thinking about ordering up that book, just for some ideas. I want to embroidery some things on a few of the skirts I have planned to make this summer. Let me know how you like the book.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is a gorgeous sweater. I hadn't seen it before. And the answer is you can not knit too many sweaters.

Agnes said...

I love love love wearing that sweater. I think yours would turn out great too. Would you consider making it into a cardi like Laura's? I think her idea is brilliant.