Sunday, June 19, 2005

When good things happen to bad projects

I have to admit that, in the end, I'm happy with Hike.


Pattern - Hike from Rowan 37
Yarn - 7 balls of Rowan Calmer in Squirrel

Even though it bunches around the armpits, it isn't long enough and I still can't sew in zippers, I enjoy wearing it. The yarn knits up so soft and comfy, I can't take it off! If only it were machine washable, I might use this yarn again. But since it isn't, that's the end of Calmer for me. As for the gauge problems, I read somewhere once that if you can't see the mistakes from 6 feet away, don't worry about it. I think I need to take that into consideration more often with my projects. I tend to get stuck in the details versus the finished product.

I'm working on a couple other things as well.

My very first sock!!!! It's Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Jungle Stripe. They will officially be my craziest socks ever. I'm using a pattern from Knitting Pure and Simple. So far, so good.


Hmmm... what could this mess of yarn and stitch holders be?


It's Blue Sky Alpaca's Baby Bobbi Bear pattern. Unki just has to get into the photos somehow! I'm using Pakucho Organic Cotton in Vanilla from Elann. I like the yarn, even though it's not elastic at all. It's very soft and knits up nice. If I like the end product, this could be my official baby gift, since I like the idea of giving a stuffed animal versus clothes.

Totally off topic, but for those of you out there contemplating getting Tivo or a DVR, we highly highly highly recommend it. It's nice to be able to sit down and watch good TV versus flipping the channels aimlessly. It has changed our lives!

3 comments:

goodkarma said...

Hike looks fabu! Yay for finished projects. I like it. I also like your jungle stripes socks... what a fun color combo! :)

MinaG said...

Unki and I can't wait to see the bear!

Anonymous said...

Cute! You have so many nice finished projects!