Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Anniversary Gluttony

I've sewed some clothes recently, but I haven't found the chance to do a photo shoot with Rob. Here are a couple of non-clothing items that I could take photos of.


I've been thinking about making a monk's bag for a while, and I used the yukata fabric I bought to back my couch quilt. This is the MOST comfortable bag I've ever used. I think it's the combination of the thin (but strong!) fabric and the thick strap. I want to make one out of canvas for a travel bag to take to Japan.


Couple of bed pillows from Kokka Abeille fabric. Don't Henry and the original Unki look happy with the pillows?

Yesterday was our third wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary Rob! To celebrate, we cooked one of Rob's favorite dishes (chicken marsala). I also made not one, but two desserts, both recipes from Orangette.


I first made this cake because Rob loves chocolate, but it fell after taking it out of the oven. So I hurriedly whipped together another dessert...

from stuff I had around the house. I have to say, both cakes were delicious!
(By the way, did you notice Unki's feet in both photos? They were taken hours apart and yet he managed to be in both!)

What's the only thing to do after such a decadent meal?

Take a nap with the cats, of course!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Mari & Rob. How time flies by. And the pillows are pretty and the cakes look yummy. Hi Unki's feet.

Anonymous said...

I love the monk's bag! Did you follow a pattern, or is it one of those things you just whip up? It looks really comfy.

goodkarma said...

Happy Anniversary! You look so cozy all cuddled up with your cats and your quilt right behind you. :)

Francesca said...

Happy anniversary too! I am in love with Orangette and have eaten much more cake recently.

lupinbunny said...

bet unki's feet are in both because unki likes cake. if you made two cakes in the house *i* live in my feet (or hands) would be in both.

Sarah said...

Happy anniversary!

It's so nice of Unki to make sure your dessert was okay and no one ate it when you weren't looking!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness i LOVE that photo of you napping with the cats. everyone looks so comfy! happy anniversary!

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary! Good for youf or pulling together another dessert so quickly! I bet the chocolate cake tasted good, even after it fell:) Hey, is that the same CK duvet that Carrie Bradshaw has on SATC?

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry about the sunken choco cake! Hope the yogurt one tasted yummy!

Anonymous said...

cakes sooooo gooood.... stomach hurts... must stop eating.... can't stop eating.....

thank you mari for taking such good care of me.

luhb