Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Trudging through Union Square Market

First of all, thank you for all the wonderful, wonderful comments about my Blissful Jacket. I'm so glad I went with my gut and made it instead of a Jo Sharp sweater I was stashing the yarn for. Knitting bloggers are the best, aren't they?

I've been focusing on my Union Square Market pullover. I've finally finished the bodice, which means I only have the sleeves left to do.

Here it is blocking. My hands hurt because I was determined to feel some sense of accomplishment with this sweater. But I know if I start another big project (socks aren't big projects, right?) I'll never finish this sweater. So onward!

I'm a little worried that the Cashsoft 4 ply I subbed for the Alapaca in the pattern is too heavy for the front flap part. (crossing fingers, crossing fingers)

Rob and I (well, really Rob) spent the weekend redoing my sister Mina's fireplace. She posted about it on her blog. Check out Rob's handiwork!

Unki and Maggie have felt neglected because I haven't posted about them on the blog in a while. Unki's new trick is to stalk leaves on our balcony. Yep, leaves. The wind will blow them across the floor and he'll go crazy.

Shhh... he's hunting leaves.

I just think Maggie's rolling her eyes and saying, "What a dope."

7 comments:

--Deb said...

Oooh, I hope the Cashsoft isn't a problem! I haven't gotten that far yet, but that's the same yarn I'm using!

goodkarma said...

You are the Speedy Gonzales of knitting!

I noticed that the directions for Union Square call for two different lengths of circular needles. Have you find that necessary? I just got my alpaca and haven't even swatched yet to see if I can get gauge... but it's such a pretty pattern, I can't wait!

Diana said...

Union Square is looking good. I think with the button, the front should work out quite well.

I'm glad you joined the River stole-along! It will be fun!

yumi said...

The fireplace looks good.

Anna said...

Wow, looks great! Your USM's making me itchy for fall--perfect fall colours!

eastern white said...

union square is going to be lovely! the colors are great! cashsoft must be wonderful to work with.

Lynette said...

those are great colors! that was fast knitting.