Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Trudging through Union Square Market

First of all, thank you for all the wonderful, wonderful comments about my Blissful Jacket. I'm so glad I went with my gut and made it instead of a Jo Sharp sweater I was stashing the yarn for. Knitting bloggers are the best, aren't they?

I've been focusing on my Union Square Market pullover. I've finally finished the bodice, which means I only have the sleeves left to do.

Here it is blocking. My hands hurt because I was determined to feel some sense of accomplishment with this sweater. But I know if I start another big project (socks aren't big projects, right?) I'll never finish this sweater. So onward!

I'm a little worried that the Cashsoft 4 ply I subbed for the Alapaca in the pattern is too heavy for the front flap part. (crossing fingers, crossing fingers)

Rob and I (well, really Rob) spent the weekend redoing my sister Mina's fireplace. She posted about it on her blog. Check out Rob's handiwork!

Unki and Maggie have felt neglected because I haven't posted about them on the blog in a while. Unki's new trick is to stalk leaves on our balcony. Yep, leaves. The wind will blow them across the floor and he'll go crazy.

Shhh... he's hunting leaves.

I just think Maggie's rolling her eyes and saying, "What a dope."

5 comments:

--Deb said...

Oooh, I hope the Cashsoft isn't a problem! I haven't gotten that far yet, but that's the same yarn I'm using!

goodkarma said...

You are the Speedy Gonzales of knitting!

I noticed that the directions for Union Square call for two different lengths of circular needles. Have you find that necessary? I just got my alpaca and haven't even swatched yet to see if I can get gauge... but it's such a pretty pattern, I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Union Square is looking good. I think with the button, the front should work out quite well.

I'm glad you joined the River stole-along! It will be fun!

Anonymous said...

The fireplace looks good.

Anna said...

Wow, looks great! Your USM's making me itchy for fall--perfect fall colours!