Sunday, July 17, 2005

Tivoli Tee complete

My Tivoli Tee finally was dry this morning and I'm happy to say I'm thrilled with the way it turned out!


Pattern: Grumperina's Tivoli T-shirt
Yarn: 3 skeins Noro Lily in Olive (I used the larger UK skeins versus US) on size 3 needles

This was a great project. Some notes:
- I knit the smallest size that was originally written for Debbie Bliss Cathay and subbed the Noro Lily. Although I love the drape of the smaller yarn, I could see how much faster and rewarding this would be in a worsted weight yarn.
- It took me somewhere between 12-15 hours to knit. I'm going to try to keep track of my future projects to get a better sense of the time involved in a project.
- I did not crochet the edges to prevent rolling. It was rolling like crazy before I blocked it, but after that the rolling was minimized.
- I am so happy that I knit it small. When I first tried it on, it looked OK for about 10 seconds, but when I moved around it bunched up under my arms until it was above my belly button. Blocking it to measurements really worked well for me and it fits great!
- Noro Lily is a pretty good yarn to work with. It looks like the yarn is braided, so I rarely split the yarn while I was knitting. The finished fabric is so soft and has a nice sheen to it. It worked well for this project.

I really like the raglan decreasing on the arms. It's a simple detail that works very well.


Yay! A successful knit! When I was lamenting to my sister that I feared that I made it too small, she commented that I tend to be critical of my knitting. Not this time - I love it!

15 comments:

Sarita said...

Wow! Wow! That looks amazing. Beautiful and sexy. Super flattering!

And you knit it fast! You are finding a lot of time to knit this summer. I am jealous. I have one more week of work and then I am free for a long time...maybe I will actually pick up the needles again. Like I said before, I am totally inspired by your socks. I want to get some cool varigated yarn and make some matching daddy/baby socks. Super cheesy....is this what happens when you become a parent? Next thing ya know, I will be buying those matching mommy/daughter outfits or silly knick-knacks just because their cute...yikes!

Nah...I'll stay a hip mama...

Anonymous said...

Your Tivoli is beautiful! I second Sarita - love the color. The fit is great, and with cotton, it's always better to go a little smaller because it stretches. Congratulations!

Agnes said...

I think it is a perfect fit for you. Olive ... like the colour!

Anonymous said...

Very very cute! I love how the top rolls, it looks super elegant. Great yarn choice too!

Peggy said...

I love it too! Awesome job and great colour!! I printed the pattern out this morning and will start it after I finish Kiri. Or maybe before. Need to find some yarn first.

amber said...

Looks great! Nice color choice as well. If only I didn't hate my upper arms I'd so be making this :)

-Amber

MinaG said...

Yeah! Nice to hear you so happy about it too! :)

winnie said...

that top just fits you like a glove! good job!

yuvee said...

Great fits! Great colour! Great Tivoli!

Anonymous said...

I like the design and color. It's nice.

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous sweater!! I totally thought it was out of the olive Cathay. I hope you get a lot of wear out of it, cause it looks great on you.

huay in LA said...

that's hot.
can we do another knitting night soon?
my place or stephs?

Anonymous said...

Not too small - it's perfect! Yay!

cmeknit said...

It is gorgeous! I love the colour, I think that is the best one I have seen yet! Perfect fit!

goodkarma said...

Wow! What a gorgeous Tivoli! I agree with everyone; that is a fabulous color for you! :)