Thursday, June 30, 2005

My first sock

I finished my very first sock today!


Yarn - Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Jungle Stripe
Pattern - Knitting Pure and Simple

I can say now that I get it. I get why so many people love to knit socks and why there are so many bloggers who can just crank them out. They're fun, easy once I got my head around the heel turning, and portable. They're addicting! Knitting Pure and Simple's patterns are great if you want to try knitting a sock. I do have laddering problems (see the lines on the top of the sock?) but I decided to fix that by knitting my second sock using magic loop.

For some reason I have better control over my laddering with magic loop than double pointed needles.

It's hard to take a photo of it on, but I managed it!


It's even harder when a certain cat who shall not be named decides he needs to be in every photo.


I have already picked out yarn for a pair for Rob. I hope he likes them!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

great sock! i love the color. i have to try the magic loop method.

Felicia from sweetgeorgia said...

Fabulous sock!!! The colour is great too! Magic loop is great for minimizing laddering, but what also helps is sometimes shifting the stitches around on the needles so that the "join" doesn't always happen in the same place. Yay socks!

Diana said...

Yay, another sock knitter! I have been contemplating the magic loop method. As someone who tried both, what did you think? Was it faster than DPNs? I haven't had a problem with ladders, but am wondering about speed. Also, I think your ladders will fade away once the sock is washed :-)

goodkarma said...

Lovely socks! It really is a gorgeous colorway. :)

MinaG said...

Those are the cutest socks I have ever seen!