Friday, December 31, 2004

Knitting Gifts

I’ve only been knitting for about a year, but I’ve really ramped up production in the past two months. I made my sister a crazy layette set for her new baby (who hasn’t been born yet but we’re keeping our fingers crossed!) and gave it to her for Christmas.

The easiest project, courtesy of Stitch ‘n Bitch: umbilical cord hat.


This hat, which I named the “official Sunshine Brown hat”, is a take on a pattern from Crystal Palace. I think it looks fab on Madeleine!


Look! A sweater from Debbie Bliss’s book “Baby Knits for Beginners”, made with yummy Cashmerino Aran. I wish I had a sweater made of this!


I found this pattern for these booties in Melanie Falick’s “Weekend Knitting”. I love this pattern because it’s really simple but gave me an opportunity to try new techniques, like making eyelets. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino Aran. I ran out of it for the ties so I just used some leftover acrylic yarn I had from a previous project. I like the color combo.


And, finally, the piece de resistance, the big bad baby blanket from Stitch ‘n Bitch, made out of eight skeins of Koigu PPM. It was so fun to make and easy too! I love the yarn.


My plan is to post some of my other knitting projects here in the next few days. Enjoy!

No comments: