Saturday, October 15, 2005

Sick as a... sock?

I've been ill the past few days, which hasn't been great for school, but has been great for my knitting.


Yarn - 2 skeins of Koigu PPPM, color P117 (I think)
Pattern - Purly White's Toe-up pattern, 60 stitches on size 1 needles, 2x2 ribbing

I was inspired by Diana's ribbed koigu socks that she made a while back. There was something about the idea of having long koigu socks that seemed decadent to me. And these are so comfy! They are currently my favorite socks. I could have made them a bit longer, but I like the length they're at. Of course, while I was making them, Rob said, "Hey, those are a nice color. Could you make some for me?" I still have one sock to finish of a pair I'm working on for him, and he wants a pair of retro rib socks too. Have I created a sock monster?

9 comments:

caitlyn said...

Beautiful socks! I hope you feel better soon.

Angela said...

Sorry to hear that you're sick, but envious you get more knitting time! ;) I think I might have a sock monster in the making. My boyfriend saw my socks and saw that I started another pair for myself. The he proceeded to ask about some for himself.

But you were right, full Koigu socks are truly decadent!

goodkarma said...

I want some, too! :) Get better, soon, chicky.

jacqueline said...

oh no..you're sick! i hope you are on the mend. i love the socks...mmmm luscious socks!

MinaG said...

too cute, I love the ribbing on them

yumi said...

i like them. they turned out good.

Purly Whites said...

Hope you are feeling better! But great socks!

yumi said...

i wouldn't mind long socks like those for Christmas.

eastern white said...

aw, sorry to hear that you are not feeling well...

your socks look fabulous though. they should keep your feet warm until you get better!!