Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Blissful-ly happy

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their nice comments about the Tivoli t-shirt. You made my day! And special thanks to Grumperina for writing a great pattern and sharing it with everyone else!

My next project is the Blissful Jacket from the latest IK issue.

I'm knitting this is Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed in Jewel. I like the yarn, it's very soft, but it's thick and thin at times which I didn't expect. I'm not going to add the little fringy parts but I am doing the stripes, maybe in blue or pink? I'm not sure.

I've started the back.

The yarn is more purple than the picture shows. It's been a fun knit so far. I didn't realize how long it's been since I knitted a worsted weight sweater.

Sidenote - I finished Harry Potter last night. Very good! I didn't get up at midnight to buy it, but we did wake up first thing on Saturday to get it. Now I just have to wait for Rob to read it so we can talk about it!

5 comments:

amber said...

We got Harry Potter too. I've convinced my sweetie to read it to me so I can knit :) We've done this with a few other books as well. It's great! Of course we're only 50 pages in or so but I'm working on my sweater from Weekend Knitting while he reads.

-Amber

Anonymous said...

I've gotten half way through the book last night and I bought it Saturday morning!

Anonymous said...

I love the color you choose for that sweater. I'd at least give some thought to using a forest green for the stripes. I'd be pretty. Although so would blue or pink.

jen said...

Yay, I'm so glad that you and I can say "See, I told you so" to the naysayers of the Blissful Jacket. I'm undecided about the vertical stripes ... I may weave it, or let the little fringe hang. We'll see. What color are you using for the CC? Take care! Jenifer http://jeniferknits.blogdrive.com

huay in LA said...

I'M BLISSFULLY GOING TO BORROW YOUR HARRY POTTER AFTER ROB FINISHES WITH IT...