Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Mama's Clapotis

I gave my mom (known as "Mama" from here on out) her Mother's Day gift on Monday. In return, she made me lunch, changed a poopy diaper and bought me Japanese bread and rice crackers. What a mom!

I'm sure most of you got my reference to the "c" thing I was making my mom. Yes, it was Clapotis.


I modeled it before I wrapped it up for her. I was in a rush, hence the tired looking expression and unkempt hair. You get to see the real me here - no airbrushing necessary! The yarn is handpaintedyarn.com (I said I love the yarn!) in Pagoda. It took a little over 3 skeins. I must say though that this is the worst yarn to knit this piece in. The yarn is like velcro and dropping the stitches wasn't the exciting event I thought it was going to be. I also made it way too big. If Mama wanted to wear it as a scarf it would take her down like nobody's business.

Here's the yarn close up:

The yarn is varigated but very slightly. There's pink and orange as well as the main maroonish-reddish color.

And here's an artsy photo because I think it looks nice.

Happy Mother's Day Mama! Hope you enjoy it!

6 comments:

Diana said...

That red color just looks great. and looks perfect even though the stitches were hard to drop. nice!

Felicia from sweetgeorgia said...

Ooooh! It's fabulous! Gorgeous colour!

EmailHosting.com said...

That is a marvelous color! Love it!

MinaG said...

gorgeous! I'm jealous once again! I love the shot of the clapotis with the light showing through :)

Mama said...

Thanks, Mari. I love it! It's so beautiful. I love the color! It's so nice and soft! I'll wear it forever!

Sir Squishy said...

You have quite a talent.