Friday, March 11, 2005

Salina sans sleeves

I've been embarassed and hesitant to show my latest knitting project, Salina. Why? you ask. Well, because the queen of knitting, fluffa herself, is knitting the same sweater. In the SAME COLOR!!!! How can I compete? I swear I bought the yarn before I saw what color she was using. And of course she'll be done any day now. And it'll look fabulous. Sigh...

So, to make myself feel better, I seamed the body together and completed the collar.


You can see the moss stitch and cool collar construction better in this photo, although the color is really off.


The sleeves will be done... who knows when. I love the way Rowan's Felted Tweed knits up, but it's the smallest gauge sweater I've ever knitted, and it's taking forever. My hands get easily tired with the yarn.

But I did finish sewing in Rob's zipper for his sweater. Hopefully he will model it this weekend. The collar a little huge and the shoulders are too tight, but hey, at least he likes it!

1 comment:

Sarita said...

Wow! I think it looks great! (Fluffa is not one of my regular reads so I wouldn't have even known that she was knitting the same thing...) Besides, Rowan designed it and anyone can make it - any color!

Hehe....I am making the Hourglass in the same color as you....after I saw your pictures :)