Monday, February 21, 2005

Music Survey!

Ok, so I've been very neglectful with the blog lately. Rob was helping fill in the void... but I must take charge and blog!! So I'd thought I'd start with the music survey Sarita tagged us with:

1. Total amount of music files on your computer?

Shamefully, I only have 5.42 gb on my ibook. I haven't begun the process of converting my cd collection.

2. The last CD you bought was:

Elvis Costello - The Delivery Man. Not as good as When I Was Cruel, but I still enjoyed it.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?

Has to be a song from The Killers - probably Midnight Show? We're seeing them in April and I decided that I should get to know their songs really, really well.

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:

A hard question... I can't choose songs, I have to choose albums:

Peter Gabriel - Album number 3 . I love the whole album - love it!
Belle and Sebastian - Fold Your Hands Child, You Look Like a Peasant. This was the album playing when Rob decided I didn't have the worst taste in music. Not my favorite Belle and Sebastian album, but I definitely still enjoy it.
Elvis Costello - When I Was Cruel. The first album Rob and I agreed upon.
Police - Message in a Box. Has to be my favorite band from my childhood. I remember buying this set in college and listening to it over and over and over and driving my roommate insane.
Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition. Might seem like a snotty choice, but my parents listened to lots of classical music when I was little. This is one classical album I own that I still really enjoy.


5. What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?

Rob! Do it on your own blog!

Huay - Will you do it????

Mina - Ok, so she doesn't have a blog, but maybe this will encourage her!

Next time I promise to pick people I'm either not related to or see on a weekly basis. :)

4 comments:

MinaG said...

Ok, you inspired me to get a blog, it's plain right now:

http://minag.blogspot.com/

huay in LA said...

i went to listen to a recital last month by a norwegian pianist and he played "pictures from and exhibition" and IT WAS AMAZING. it had been a long time since i was so moved by a performance. i practically had a julia roberts -pretty woman moment.

huay in LA said...

oh i forgot. i also have a blog now, but i need to figure out how to post my images onto snapfish! i'm avoiding getting a website because i don't want to spend the money.

huay@blogspot.com

huay in LA said...

ok, ok.
huay.blogspot.com
i'm a dork.